Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Halloween Fun

left: This is what it looks like when one of your students shows up at a Halloween party on Saturday night. I was shocked to see this little girl in a witch's costume dancing next to me, and when I looked over, I realized it was one of my students. We said hello to each other and went about our business. It was a strange feeling seeing my student in a local bar, but I didn't ask any questions. She wasn't drinking and I think she came to the party alone, but she had a great time, as is evident by the smile.




left: Our friend Mike + samurai sword sheath + tight pants = good laugh
















left: The prettiest White Stripe busting a move before the dance floor fills up. The bar we visited, The Wise Owl, was filled with custom woodwork and rafters installed by the bar owner Udo. He is an antique dealer and the walls were lined with really cool Japanese antiques. The crowd at the party: 3/4 Japanese 1/4 foreigners. The Japanese people were extremely excited to partake in the odd Western holiday and dress up in costumes, and from the looks of the sweaty faces at the end of the night, they had a great time dancing to good tunes pushed through the speakers by our friend Ryan (DJ Curious George).

No comments: