Sunday, June 10, 2007

I'm Officially Delaying the Real World

After a few stressful days of answering questions via email about my bicycle trip and one 30-minute phone interview, I just found out that I won the 2007 Delaying the Real World Fellowship. The award pays $3,500 and is provided by Perseus Books, a publishing group that publishes a book called Delaying the Real World. The book is a manual for 20-somethings that describes how to delay (or completely avoid) getting some mundane cubicle job by following their passions.

Yeeehaw
! I'm stoked!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award bro!

Damikey said...

High Five!

Like I said..

I truly believe that you are the perfect man to embark on this journey. I know that you will be affecting so many lives during and after this trip. I have you in my mental top five favorite people because off all that you are. Keeping it up!

Mikey

P.S. - I would proudly display the "My kid got schooled by Andrew" bumper sticker

Damikey said...

I sent a link to a friend to read about your journey and this is the response.

trtlelove: Here this guy is teaching in Japan and I am worried about getting a new battery for my carbon monoxide detector

xDAMIKEYx: It makes you want to live right..?

trtlelove: totally

Thanks Andrew!

Jackie said...

Andrew!!

This is sooo awesome-- I'm so stoked for you and proud :) Can't wait to catch up with you in August...

Jax.